Plebani M (2015) Effects of temperature on the population dynamics, biotic interactions, and diversity of freshwater protists. Defended successfully on September 8th, 2015. University of Zurich, Switzerland.
Scientific articles on peer-reviewed journals:
- Plebani M, Fussmann K, Hansen DM, O’ Gorman E, Stewart RIA, Woodward G, and Petchey OL (2015). Substratum-dependent responses of ciliate assemblages to temperature: a natural experiment in Icelandic streams. Freshwater Biology, 60: 1561–1570. doi:10.1111/fwb.12588
- Plebani M, Imanizabayo O, Hansen DM, and Armbruster WS (2015). Pollination ecology and circadian patterns of inflorescence opening of the Madagascan climber Dalechampia aff. bernieri (Euphorbiaceae). Journal of Tropical Ecology, 31 (01), 99–101.
- Palamara GM, Childs DZ, Clements CF, Petchey OL, Plebani M, and Smith MJ (2015). Inferring the temperature dependence of population parameters: the effects of experimental design and inference algorithm. Ecology and Evolution, 4, 24, 4736–4750.
- Altermatt F, Fronhofer EA, Garnier A, Giometto A, Hammes F, Klecka J, Legrand D, Mächler E, Massie TM, Pennekamp F, Plebani M, Pontarp M, Schtickzelle N, Thuillier V, and Petchey OL (2014). Big answers from small worlds: a user’s guide for protist microcosms as a model system in ecology and evolution. Methods in Ecology and Evolution, 6, 2, 218–231.
- O’Gorman EJ, Pichler DE, Adams G, Benstead JP, Cohen H, Craig N, Cross WF, Demars BOL, Friberg N, Gíslason GM, Gudmundsdóttir R, Hawczak A, Hood JM, Hudson LN, Johansson LS, Johansson M, Junker JR, Laurila A, Manson JR, Mavromati E, Nelson D, Ólafsson JS, Perkins DM, Petchey OL, Plebani M, Reuman DC, Rall BC, Stewart R, Thompson MSA, and Woodward G (2012). Impacts of warming on the structure and functioning of aquatic communities: individual- to ecosystem-level responses. Advances in Ecological Research, 47, 81–176.
- Mori E, Plebani M (2012) First records of Moorish gecko Tarentola mauritanica and Turkish gecko Hemidactylus turcicus (Squamata, Gekkonidae) in the Southern Metalliferous Hills, Tuscany, Italy. Atti della Società Toscana di Scienze Naturali, Serie B, 119, 51–54.