Interesting readings I recently stepped into:
- Future fossils: plastic stone (from the NYT)
- Is the notion that species interactions are stronger and more specialized in the tropics a zombie idea? By A. Moles and J. Ollerton
- Some blog articles on the difficult coexistence between agriculture and tropical ecosystems by J. Ghazoul
- Something is rotten in the state of Australia: after deciding to use the Great Barrier Reef as a dumping site for dredged sediment, the Australian government thinks of allowing the logging of 74,000 hectares of protected Tasmanian forest for timber.
Sort of science
- Academics anonymous: views of academia from the insiders (from The Guardian)