Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people’s hats off — then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the ship.
(Herman Melville, Moby Dick)
Inizialmente avevo intitolato questa pagina “reportages”, ma poi mi è sembrato un po’ troppo pretenzioso. Qui trovate alcuni miei diari di viaggio e qualche articolo su luoghi che mi hanno particolarmente colpito.
Places I have been, and some mountaineering adventures. Almost all-italian, by now. A mark will be added where (when?) english text is available. Meanwhile… Try googletranslate:
– and enjoy the pictures.
- Corsica del Nord in bici – Estate 2005 (pdf)
- Liguria tra cielo e mare – Pasqua 2008 (pdf)
- Un canyon in Toscana (pdf)
- Alta Via delle Alpi Apuane: un trekking solitario, Agosto 2009
- Speleologia glaciale: dentro il ghiacciaio dei Forni, in Valtellina (17-20 settembre 2009)
- Salita invernale alla Pania della Croce (Alpi Apuane), Ottobre 2010
- Fair Isle – Scotland’s most remote inhabited island (Luglio-Agosto 2010)
- Monte Rosa: i miei primi “4000” (giugno 2010)
- Rebuffat route: arrampicata sull’Aiguille du Midi, massif du Mont Blanc (Luglio 2011)
- The Borneo diaries: three weeks in Borneo in winter 2013/2014 (EN)
- Winter ascent to the Namenlose Kante, Bockmattli (Switzerland) 2014 (EN)
- A Borneo Walkabout: travel notes from a three-month expedition in Malaysia and Borneo in 2015 (EN)
- Various South African adventures (2016-now) (EN)
- Climbing the Sentinel: a vertical trip on Sentinel Peak in the Drakensberg (2018) (EN)
- Failing with style on Mount Kenya: report of a failed climbing expedition to summit Mt Kenya’s Batian Peak (2019) (EN)
CREDITS: the panoramic view of a green icelandic valley that can be seen in some of the headers is by Adrianna Hawkzac. All other contents on this website are my creations, unless otherwise stated. Feel free to download material for personal, non-profit use; make sure the original authorship is acknowledged. For other uses (e.g. commercial publications), please get in touch for terms and conditions: marcoplebani85_AT_gmail.com.